Responsibility to our customers and commitment to the shareholders
We assume the commitment of holding the highest standards of quality, efficiency, and professionalism. To fulfill these objectives, we have an internal "Code of Ethics" which is our declaration of principles, our values and standards of ethics and integrity that govern our activity. Our Code of Ethics defines the way we do business, describing the behaviors that should be promoted and behaviors that should be avoided.
Code of Ethics
This code is based on the following values and principles:
Transparency and equality. These are fundamental elements that must be completely unquestioned in our operations, and they comprise the essential foundation that allows us to earn the trust of customers."Being honest and transparent generates trust, which is a fundamental value for Servihabitat."
Excellence and professionalism. We are committed to working rigorously and efficiently in order to achieve the established objectives and to guarantee satisfaction."At Servihabitat, we work rigorously and efficiently. Excellence is one of our fundamental values. As a result, we center our professional operations around the satisfaction of our customers and shareholders."
Confidentiality. Data protection is the fundamental pillar of our relationship of trust that defines our operations."We protect the confidentiality of the information entrusted to us by shareholders and customers".
Based on these values and principles, we have established the following commitments to our customers and shareholders:
- To promote the highest quality of service, thereby fulfilling their requirements and expectations.
- To guarantee the continuous improvement of our processes and services by establishing and periodically reviewing our quality, information security, and environmental objectives.
- To comply with the legal requirements applicable to our operations, as well as the additional obligations we fulfill voluntarily.
This Code of Ethics is combined with an internal operations control system that includes a series of policies and specific protocols aimed at identifying and eliminating any practices or actions that could harm the interests that customers entrust us to manage. These policies include the "Conflict of Interest Management Policy" that establishes the mechanisms for identifying and properly managing any conflicts of interest that may arise in Servihabitat’s operations. All Servihabitat employees, executives, and shareholders must understand and comply with the "Conflict of Interest Management Policy".
Servihabitat has an Ethics Line for reporting activities that do not comply with the company’s ethical principles, and the aim of this line is to address the corresponding claims that are submitted. The Ethics Line is available below.
Furthermore, financial information is an essential element in the process of monitoring and decision-making of our Governing Board and Management Team.
The generation and review of financial information is based on adequate human and technical resources use that allow us to provide accurate, truthful and understandable information of our operations, in accordance with current regulations.
In the definition of our Organizational Model and System of Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR), we take as our reference the best practices of good Corporate Governance associated with public entities or public interest, specifically, the obligations and recommendations laid down in the Law of Corporate Companies and Good Governance Code from the CNMV.
The objective of the ICFR is to ensure the reliability of the financial information, assuring that transactions and events occurring in our Company are submitted in accordance with the applicable regulations, meeting the following points:
- a) Existence and occurrence. Transactions and events collected by the financial information actually exist and have been registered in the appropriate time.
- b) Integrity. The information reflects all the transactions and events.
- c) Valuation. Transactions and events are recorded and valued in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- d) Presentation, breakdown and comparability. Transactions and Events are classified, presented and shown in the financial information, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- e) Rights and obligations. Financial information reflects the rights and obligations through the corresponding assets and liabilities.
Our ICFR organizational model is based on two areas:
- The general control environment, which develop the main guidelines of ICFR operation as well as upper level roles and responsibilities (second and third line of defense).
- Specific controls on the ICFR, where they develop operating procedures related to the development of the financial information (first line of defense).
In addition, since the end of 2016, the Company holds the URISCERT seal issued by the Spanish Association for Standardization (AENOR) and based on the technical specifications of its Management System of Crime Prevention in Organizations. The model addresses the Organic Law 1/2015 that updates the Criminal Code, which states that organizations that have implemented crime prevention models and that comply with certain requirements may be exempt from criminal liability. The certification also guarantees that the guidelines of the ISO 19600 (Compliance Management Systems) international norm are adopted. This norm provides companies with an effective compliance management system for avoiding the risks of legal non-compliances (in other words, receiving fines or citations, or experiencing contingencies or damaged reputations). In summary, the seal establishes the requirements for defining, implementing, maintaining, and improving a management system for the prevention of crimes in companies.